Job: Software Engineer
|Active since||13-02-2017||Job category||IT - Software Development|
|Location||Tyne and Wear||Level||Professional|
|Educational level||Bachelor / Graduate||Employment type||Permanent contract|
As a Software Engineer, you will...
• Write high-quality code for SaleCycle’s portfolio of products, within an Agile team environment; code that forms the backbone of the business
• Conduct reviews of existing systems and processes to ensure we’re always performing to our best capacity
• Share your knowledge and experience with your team, mentoring newbies and helping everyone excel at what they do
• Collaborate with the wider business, in particular the Product & Business Managers, in order to accurately deliver what they need whilst also providing ad-hoc tech advice & support to all
We need you to...
• Have commercially programmed in a mixture of the below technologies, and be willing to continuously develop yourself; learning new areas as the business needs:
• Further knowledge or exposure to these areas also adds oomph to your application, although not essential:
o AWS (Redshift, S3, EC2, Kinesis, Lambda, EMR), Git, Node.js, infrastructure automation tools (eg Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Terraform), test automation as well as a continuous delivery approach
• Have a love for rapid prototyping and be excited by the idea of low latency at massive scale
• Be more than capable of working independently but also value team and scrum work within a varied Technology Team structure
• A software engineering (or related) degree is also attractive
What you’ll love about us...
• That we’re not a bog-standard, boring company where you do the same thing day-in, day-out
• You’ll be challenged with technologies, concepts and theories outside of the norm
• Flexible working, casual dress, plenty of holidays and, if you like coffee, chocolate, cake, nuts, sweets and beer – you’re gonna fit right in!
What you might not like...
• The pressure can be on, when you’re working on such a pivotal development for the business
• You have to graft outside of normal hours, if things go wrong
• You occasionally have to socialise. Sorry.
We value our team. So, in addition to salary (dependent on experience), we provide a contributory pension scheme and life insurance. We also offer a relaxing 25 days annual leave and, because we know that life doesn’t always fit around work, semi-flexible working hours. If this isn’t enough then you’ll enjoy free breakfasts (and smoothies!), fruit and sweets to keep you going all day long and a free lunch on the last Friday of the month (just because!).
IT - Software Development
|Industry / Industries||